Basic level of Wilderness & Remote First Aid that covers material in Standard First Aid & CPR, plus special material on techniques for wilderness and remote areas. Course also offers strategies for providing extended care for up to 24 hours. The majority of the course is taught in outdoor settings, and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training. Suitable for those who work and live remote locations, or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts.
Course Length: 20 hours
Price of course: $259 + GST (Inc. Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First-Aid waterproof field guide)
Recertification: $159 + GST
Note: Certificate valid for 3 years
- Your Health
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- Cardiac and Respiratory Arrest (Inc. CPR C & AED Training)
- Wound Care
- Head and Spinal Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Extended Care
- Evacuation: Transporting the ill or injured person
This course supersedes a Standard First-Aid and includes AED training & CPR C.